Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lily Luna Potter and the Resurrection Stone - Chapter Four

A/N I just finished this chappie, sorry I kept you waiting

     My day began at about 5am. 
"Lily! Lily! Lilllllly!"
"What?" I groaned and rolled over.
"Its our first day of School!"
"What time is it, October?" I asked recognizing the voice
"Oh, about five…"
"You're as crazy as the inventor of Bertie Bot's Every Flavor Beans!"
"I know… wait what?!" 
My head got smacked with a pillow.

     "I'm getting up in a minute!" I said and out of the corner of my eye I saw October shrug and go off to the bathroom, armed with a hairbrush. The minute I saw the door close I sat up, jumped out of bed and began my revenge. I picked up my pillow, got a few other soft missiles and began to construct a few catapults with a spellI had seen Al use when he was pranking James. I put them around the room, all of them facing the bathroom door. Then I and got back under the covers. About ten seconds later my friend came out, a toothbrush sticking out of her mouth.  

     Stuffed animals, pillows, even folded up quilts flew into the air. A stuffed pig landed right on top of her head. Pillows smashed into her, feathers flying. Quilts even managed to spread themselves out before they hit their target and by the end she looked like a feathery ghost with a stuffed pig on her head. 

     October quickly took action, she pulled off two layers of quilts, brushed the feathers off of her clothes and even threw the pig off. Then she walked over to her bed and sat down. 

     "Nice one, where did you learn a spell to make catapults? We could totally use it as a pranking tool!" she exclaimed 
"Well Al, my brother, was pranking James once really early in the morning and I was awake because I was going to go outside and fly before my mum made me do my chores and stuff. Anywhoo, I passed by James' room and found Al conjuring catapults. The incantation was pretty easy to remember so I just made a quick note of it." I shrugged "Didn't seem very useful at the time."

     One of our dorm mates began murmuring in her sleep and a second had kicked off her covers and it looked like she was having a very vivid dream about running. October (who had already changed) gestured to the bathroom door. 
"Go now, they'll be waking up pretty soon."
"Right." I sighed, then picked up my robes, socks and shoes. I quickly shouldered the bathroom door open. 

     I had already changed and was brushing my teeth when someone knocked on the door.
"Hey, who's in there?" a voice asked 
"Lily." I answered
"Oh, when are you going to be done?" it asked again
"Maybe five minutes." I said, and then spit out a mouthful of toothpaste 
She went away.

     I quickly put my hair in a messy bun and marched out the bathroom door. Ok, before we go on let me describe my dorm-mates to you. One has strawberry blond hair with eyes that look as if they can see through you. Another is bubbly and bounces around, she has black shoulder length hair and brown eyes that look almost anime they're so emotional. And the last is very quiet. She has very long honey blond hair and bangs and hardly every says anything. 

     The strawberry blond, (Sarah) pointed at the floor "What happened? October told me it had something to do with you…"
"Just a prank." I shrugged
October snorted "You act like it was nothing, I bet you had been planning it for days!"
The truth was I had known that I wanted to do a prank involving catapults, but I didn't know what I wanted to launch or who my target would be. I just shrugged. "At least I didn't launch the Giant Squid at you!"
Sarah shivered "That thing is huge! What does it eat?"
"Small fish." I replied "But once my older brother James told me that it ate any human that came anywhere near it. Later I asked my cousin about it and she said he was just trying to scare me."
"Oh" Sarah looked slightly relieved, then became suspicious "Whats your last name?"
Uh oh "Uhhh… Potter."
Awkward
"Well we gotta go" October said, coming to my rescue "Its twenty minutes till breakfast."

     I grabbed my book bag and raced October down the stairs and knocked straight into… a trunk. I tripped, stubbed my toe and  began to hop around, holding my right foot. October almost ran into me.

     "I just stubbed my toe on this stupid trunk. Who leaves a trunk at the bottom of the stairs anyway?" I exclaimed
"Maybe it was too heavy for them?" my friend suggested
"But they levitated our trunks up to our rooms last night!" I said and began to investigate the trunk, looking for a nameplate 
"I don't think it has a name on it…" October muttered after a while
"Maybe they have something inside with some form of identification?" I suggested

     I undid the latch and October pried it open. What was inside was really weird.
"It looks like a big potions kit…" October trailed off and I nodded my head
Looking closer I saw tons of ingredients, but it wasn't just an oversized kit, it was an EXPENSIVE oversized kit! I mentioned this to October.
"Lets just move it a bit farther away from the stairs and let the person who left it here find it." she said
"Ok." I replied

     So we pushed, pulled, heaved and shoved it into place. I think October was right, they definitely couldn't have lugged something that heavy up the winding dormitory staircase. 

     "The person who owns that kit must really like to make potions" I said as we exited the portrait hole
"Yeah, where are we going?" she said, stopping suddenly
"I don't know…." I trailed off, realizing that we had just been aimlessly walking.
"How are we going to find the Great Hall, I'm totally disoriented!" she said, sounding really worried
"Oh! I know! My dad was telling us a story about his fourth year, and he was lost in a maze, he put his wand on him palm like this and said something like 'Point me!'." I said excitedly 

     The wand began to spin and pointed at a staircase. We clambered down it, walked through a maze of corridors, and eventually came out at the entrance to the great hall.

     "That is really cool" October said as she stared at my the wand on my palm "I don't know how it knows where you want to go, though"
"I think it scans your brain or something like that…" I said
"Boo!"
I swear I jumped a foot in the air.
"James!" I whirled around and heard my wand clatter to the floor
"How is your first day of school going, lil sis?" Albus asked and leaned against a stone pillar, tapping my wand on him palm
"Just fine until you two showed up!" I said and fought the urge to roll my eyes "Okay, I'm already late to breakfast and you have to stop me right here?"
"We're your brothers, this is what we do!" They said in unison 
"Wand?" I said, raising my eyebrows 

     Once I made it into the Great Hall Most of the food was gone. October and I gobbled up our food like there was no tomorrow. After our pig like performance we had Charms. 
 
     Professor Flitwick had just instructed us on a incantation we were to practice when a ball of paper landed by my foot. Pretending to have dropped my wand, I scooped it up. It read:

     He wrote the incantation on the board, but I'm horrible at pronouncing things… can you write out the pronunciation? 

~October

     I quickly responded and then went back to coping down the homework in my binder. It was just practicing a wand movement, not much.

     Next up was potions and I've been told my father was HORRIBLE at it! Anyway we headed down to the dungeons. I sat down between Hugo and October. Suddenly our teacher came out of the potions cubord red faced and panicked. She looked at her new students and nearly fainted
     "Someone stole all of my potions ingredients!"

Duhn duhn duhn! Hope you enjoied this chapter, if you did PLZ PLZ PLZ review! If you want to find the previous chapters just search up 'Lily Potter and the Resurrection Stone' on the blog! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment